“People need to be entertained, to have their minds occupied with thoughts other than a constant bombardment of negativity.” – Kerri Maniscalco.
I had to. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
What a time to be alive, am I right. Wink. Most (some?) k-12 administrators are preparing for a safe return to school for the 2020-2021 academic year. Going back to school in fall 2020 poses new challenges for schools, including implementing mitigation measures (e.g., social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, use of cloth face coverings), addressing social, emotional, and mental health needs of students. It can be stressful! I mean, I am worried. Whether you’re returning to school in person or continuing distance learning, let these stories transport you from whatever your feelings may be regarding the upcoming school year.
Check it: I’ve got contemporary high school, boarding school, SUPER NATURAL boarding school (think Legacies), Bayview High detention, prep school, academy of forensic medicine and science, and school of witchcraft and wizardry. “You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.” – Dr. Seuss.
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
- Four Days of You and Me by Miranda Kenneally
- The Upside of Falling by Alex Light
- Anna and the French Kiss By Stephanie Perkins
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- I Hate You, Fuller James by Kelly Anne Blount
- London Prep by Jillian Dodd
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Crave by Tracy Wolff