Over the weekend, I found my little binder of all my church notes. Dated back to 2011! There are so many good messages to share but this one is gooooood. Like really good. I was totally mind blown by the simple truth that my first duty is not to do anything! Let God love YOU. His love isn’t based on what you do, it’s based on who HE is.
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. Eph. 1: 4-5 (NLT)
- the first purpose of my life is to be loved by God!
- This letter is from Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and a brother of James. I am writing to all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ. Jude 1:1 NLT
- my first calling is to enjoy a relationship with God.
- I am writing to all of you in Rome who are loved by God and are called to be his own holy people. Romans 1:7 NLT
- that relationship is to be his son or daughter.
- See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! 1 John 3:1 AMP
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Eph. 3:17-19 (NLT)
God’s love for ME is:
- wide enough to be everywhere.
- long enough to last forever.
- deep enough to handle anything.
- high enough to overlook my mistakes, sins, and faults.
WHAT CHANGES HAPPEN IF I STAY AWARE OF GOD’S CONSTANT LOVE FOR ME?
- I feel accepted rather than ashamed which sets you free from addiction of approval.
- I’m bold in bringing my needs to God.
- I have peace in pain I don’t understand.
- I have the courage to take risks.
- I worship instead of worry.
Beloved, fill you heart and mind with the truth of his word. Watch [this] inspiring message from Saddleback Church and be encouraged as you learn what the Bible says about God’s purpose for your life.