Everything’s falling apart on me, God; put me together again with your Word. Psalm 119:107
We live in a world where things fall apart. This world is not perfect. Thankfully, God is in the business of putting things together again. Not only relationships, but businesses, houses, lives.
Totally needed to hear the message from pastor Tom Holladay. How to put it together again. Once he said, “when you’re at a point where you are worn out”… I was in. Because me. Hi, that’s me. SO worn out. Beyond. Feel like my life is falling apart. It’s impossible to catch up on rest and keep going with all that’s going on for us right now. It’s a busy season and I know it’s only going to get busier. Hello, new baby.
1. HOW TO START
- mourning- expressing your hurt to God.
- God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matt 5:4. Mourn what you’ve lost so you can move forward.
- fasting- focusing your heart (and attention) on God.
- Turn to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning. Joel 2:12. Fasting is usually with food but most people (ME) need to fast from entertainment since that is what takes up most of our time and attention.
- praying- asking for help from God.
- Lord, my rock, I call out to you for help. Psalm 28:1
- I pray that you will begin to understand how incredibly great his power is to help those who believe him. Ephesians 1:19.
2. HOW TO KEEP GOING (keep up the energy)
- Take time to say thank you.
- First, I want to say that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because people everywhere in the word are talking about your faith. Romans 1:8
- Choose to celebrate.
- The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10b. You want strength, you need joy.
3. HOW IT LASTS
- For anything to last, it must be dedicated to God. Your marriage, heart, business, faith.
- The priests and Levites first dedicated themselves, then the people, the gates, and the wall. Nehemiah 12:30.
- Why rebuild at all? Yes, it’s easier to start over but the value of the relationship or marriage or business is priceless.
- God has the answer, for all my fears.
As mentioned in previous posts, these are not my words. Simply my message notes that I hope someone who feels like they need to “put it together again” will hear the Lord speaking to them and listen to this weekend service.
Watch [this] inspiring message from Saddleback Church and be encouraged as you learn what the Bible says about God’s purpose for your life including your work, relationships, health, and more.